BE PROACTIVE & THINK WIN-WIN
Find out what’s happening at school by attending the
Bates Parent Council and School Site Council meetings
Please join Principal Kelly Hung, teachers and fellow Bates families for the first meeting of the year to help set our
agenda of activities for the school year.
September 24 from 5:30p to 7p at the Bates
(Childcare and light dinner will be provided)
Every member of the Bates community can participate in the SPC/SSC. The group meets monthly to discuss School Culture and plan family engagement events. It works better when more families are involved! The SPC/SSC is a formal organization with elected leadership positions. At this first meeting we will hold elections to fill these positions for the year. These volunteer positions are crucial to making our Parent Council successful!
If you would like to be elected for any of the open positions on the SPC/SCC listed below, please contact Jessica Woodbury at email@example.com.
SPC Elected Positions:
- Co-Chair:Serve a two year term to provide leadership and vision for the SPC
- Treasurer:Manage the SPC finances for maximum success
- Secretary:Record and distribute SPC meeting minutes and manage outreach to volunteers
- Communications: Build and maintain the Bates email database, update phineasbates.org, and manage email communications to the Bates community
- School Site Council:Five elected positions are voting members who represent ALL Bates families in school related governance.
At the Bates, We Lead to Succeed!